Databases by Subject
Databases for Book reviews
- Academic Search Complete
- Coverage: 1865 - current
- Large database with extensive full text access to journals, in addition to abstracts and indexing. Subject coverage is general and broad.
- Coverage: N/A
- Find books to read. This is a readers' advisory website which locates books by genre, audience, theme, time period and geographic area. Reviews and read-alikes are included with book listings. BookBrowse links to Tiger, making it easy to find books of interest and determine if theyre in Tutt Library. Books not owned by Tutt Library may be ordered through Prospector. Please use the library link for BookBrowse, which grants access to members-only areas and displays the Tiger linking.
- Coverage: late 1800's - most recent 0-5 years
- Archival access to many scholarly periodicals. Some titles include current issues while others have a moving wall imposed on them.
- LEXIS-NEXIS Academic Universe
- Coverage: 1977 - current
- Access to popular press material such as newspaper articles. Also contains law review articles.
- Social Sciences Abstracts
- Coverage: 1983 - current
- International, English-language periodicals in sociology, anthropology, geography, economics, political science, and law. Broader coverage than SocIndex.