Databases by Subject
Databases for Education: Curricular
- History Reference Center
- Full text history reference database designed for secondary schools, public libraries, junior/community colleges and undergraduate research. The database features full text for more than 1,990 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers
- MAS Ultra-school Edition
- Specifically designed for high school students with full text of 500 periodicals, 350 reference books, 100,000 primary source documents, 84,700 biographies - plus over 235,000 photos, maps, and flags
- Middle Search Plus
- For middle and junior high school students, with 140 full text titles (with Lexile reading level), as well as historical essays, 84,700 biographies, over 235,000 images, and 100,000 primary source documents.
- Points Of View Reference Center
- Provides a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides more than 290 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument), counterpoint (opposing argument), and Critical Thinking Guide. The database also offers guides to debate, developing arguments and writing position papers
- Primary Search
- Primary Search contains full text for over 80 popular, elementary school magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Also includes the Encyclopedia of Animals, Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, the American Heritage Children's Dictionary, and thousands of relevant photos, maps and flags.
- Science Reference Center
- Comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student's science research needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources. Science Reference Center also satisfies the demand for standards-based content by providing teachers and librarians with articles correlated to state and national curriculum standards
- Database designed for young children learning how to research online. Searchasaurus offers Lexile limiters (reading level), making it easy for students to read and research only appropriately challenging materials
- Current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today's classrooms including controversial opinions and viewpoints