Databases by Subject
Need help doing research? Check out the German Language and Literature Subject Guide.
Databases for German language and literature
- Contemporary Authors
- Coverage: current
- A bio-bibliographical guide to current writers in Nonfictions, etc. Complete biographical and references for more than 90,000 authors in the U.S.
- Correspondence From German Concentration Camps And Prisons, 1936-1945
- Coverage: 1936-1945
- Correspondence written or received by prisoners held in German concentration camps, internment and transit camps, Gestapo prisons, and POW camps, during and just prior to World War II. In addition to letters and postcards, the collection includes receipts for parcels, money orders and personal effects; paper currency; and realia, including Star of David badges. Collection is from McMasters University Library; part of Archives Unbound.
- German Folklore And Popular Culture
- Coverage: 1845-1849
- Collection of magical and occult texts, chapbooks, folklore, popular superstition and fairy tales of the German Renaissance compiled by Stuttgart antiquarian Johann Scheible. The subject matter covers traditions and customs of German and Central European culture. Part of Archives Unbound.
- Humanities International Complete
- Coverage: 1929 - current
- A comprehensive humanities database, with almost 500 full text titles and indexing and abstracting for more than 1,700 titles. Subject areas include (but are not limited to) literature, philosophy, the arts, history, culture-oriented and multi-disciplinary humanities titles with some coverage going back as far as 1929. This database replaces Humanities Abstracts.
- Literary Index
- Coverage: current
- Master index to every literary series published by Gale Research Inc. Combines and cross-references author names, including pseudonyms and variant names, and titles into one source.
- MLA International Bibliography
- Coverage: 1963 - current
- Literature, languages, linguistics, and folklore from over journals and series published worldwide.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online
- Bilingual online dictionaries for Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish. Also features audio pronunciation guides, grammatical notes, and much more.