Databases by Subject
Databases for Latin America
- Foreign Relations Between Latin America And The Caribbean States, 1930-1944
- Coverage: 1930-1944
- Organized by country, this collection covers a wide range of viewpoints on political, social, and economic issues. It sheds light on the foreign relations interactions between Central American and South American countries. In the Caribbean, Cuba, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic are represented. This collection includes cables, memoranda, correspondence, reports and analyzes, and treaties. Documents are from the U.S. State Department. Part of Archives Unbound.
- Handbook Of Latin American Studies
- Coverage: 1935 - current
- Annotated bibliography of scholarly works on Latin American studies. Online version of the print title, volume 1 - present. Multidisciplinary topics. Covers humanities and social sciences.
- Hispanic American Newspapers, 1808-1980
- Coverage: 1808-1980
- Spanish and bilingual Spanish/English newspapers published in the United States from the 19th to 20th centuries. Great source of historical information and culture; also a source of reporting on events in Spanish-speaking countries that were not necessarily covered in English-language newspapers. Part of America's Historical Newspapers.
- Historical Abstracts
- Coverage: 1967 - current
- Covers world history.
- Latin American Newspapers
- Coverage: 1805 - 1922
- More than 35 fully searchable newspapers published in the 19th and early 20th centuries from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela and elsewhere.
- Latino Literature
- Coverage: 1872 - current
- 100,000+ pages of poetry, fiction, and over 450 plays written in English and Spanish by hundreds of Chicano, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican, and other Latino authors working in the United States. Some works have never been published before. Also includes 130,000+ pages of Chicago folk tales and audio files of selected poems and plays. Some materials are cross-searchable under North American Theater Online.