August 23 - September 1
Remember to contact Campus Activities or 719-389-6800 for all of your NSO questions.
Updated August 19th, 2014
*Please note – This schedule is a draft and is subject to changes.
All students and parents will receive the final schedule upon arrival to campus.
(S) Students only
(P) Parents only
(S+P) Students and Parents welcome
All bold items are required student events
Friday, August 22
(S+P) 8:00am-2:00pm Early Move-In (assigned residence halls) Early Move-In into Residence Halls will be offered on a limited basis. Please follow these instructions:
Boettcher Health Center will be open to collect any outstanding immunization documentation; this is required before move-in.
- Request early move-in: You must contact Campus Activities at 719-389-6800 or CampusActivities@ColoradoCollege.edu to request early move-in.
- Preliminary sign-ups are being taken now, even though housing assignments will not be made until late July or early August.
- Contact us again when you receive your housing assignment: When you receive your housing assignment in late July or early August, you must contact Campus Activities again with that information so that you can be confirmed for early move-in.
- Wait for confirmation: You will not be approved for early move-in until you have received a confirmation from Campus Activities and you will receive that confirmation within 24 hours of your request. We will call you or send you an e-mail.
- Please contact Campus Activities directly for early move-in, NOT Residential Life and Housing.
- You will not be able to check in before 8 AM.
- Between the hours of 8 AM – 2 PM, we are pleased to offer free assistance from our move-in teams.
- Because of the limited number of early move-in slots available, this is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
(S+P) 9:00am-3:00pm Package Shuttle Service (Worner Campus Center, Mailroom, Lower Level) We’ll help you get your large packages from the mailroom to your residence hall room
(S) 10:00am-5:00pm Get Your Gold Card (Student ID) (Worner Campus Center, Worner Desk)
Saturday, August 23
(S+P) 8:00am-2:00pm Residence Halls Open for Move-In
Boettcher Health Center staff will be available in Loomis Hall, Mathias Hall and Slocum Hall to collect any outstanding immunization documentation; this is required before move-in. Look for signs in these residence halls.
(P) 8:00am-3:00pm Parent Check-In Table (North Patio, near Worner Campus Center
(S+P) 8:00am-3:00pm Student Life Hospitality Table: Staff on hand for general questions (North Patio, near Worner Campus Center)
- Computer Help Available from ITS Help Desk (Loomis Hall, Slocum Hall, Mathias Hall and Tutt Library, North Basement)
(S+P) 9:00am-3:00pm Banking Services, (Worner Campus Center, Perkins Lounge, Main Level)
(S+P) 10:00am-3:00pm CC Bookstore Open (Worner Campus Center, Lower Level)
- Student Accounts Office Open - Not mandatory but visit if you have questions or want to pay an account balance (Armstrong Hall, Room 219)
(S+P) 10:00am-3:00pm Package Shuttle Service (Worner Campus Center, Mailroom, Lower Level
(S) 10:00am-3:00pm Get Your Gold Card (Student ID) (Worner Desk)
(S+P) 11:00am-1:30pm **Lunch on Your Own**
(S+P) 2:00pm-3:00pm Dessert Reception for Transfer Students and Families (Bemis Hall, Bemis Lounge)
(S+P) 2:00pm-3:00pm First-Generation Students and Families Dessert Reception (Worner Campus Center, Gaylord Hall) For all who are one of the first in their families to attend a four-year college
(S+P) 3:30pm-4:00pm Welcoming Remarks from President Jill Tiefenthaler (Shove Chapel)
(S) 4:15pm-5:15pm Priddy Experience Kick-Off Meeting for Students with Vice President for Student Life/Dean of Students Mike Edmonds (Armstrong Theatre)
(S) 5:15pm-9:00pm Get Your Gold Card (Student ID) (Worner Desk)
(P) 4:15pm-5:15pm Parent Program: Sandra Wong, Dean of the College and Faculty - followed by “A Conversation with Faculty” (Shove Chapel)
(S+P) 5:30pm Welcome Picnic for Students and Families (NSO Tent)
(S) 9:00pm Community/Wing Meetings (Assigned Residence Halls)
(S) 10:00pm Student Social Events (Assigned Residence Halls)
Sunday, August 24
(S+P) 10:00am-4:00pm CC Bookstore Open (Worner Campus Center, Lower Level)
(S+P) 10:00am-1:00pm Package Shuttle Service (Worner Campus Center, Mailroom, Lower Level)
(S+P) 11:00am-Noon Orientation to Spiritual Life at Colorado College: Introduction to the Chaplain’s Office programs, including an opportunity to meet representatives from CC Faith Communities (Shove Chapel)
(S+P) 11:00am-1:00pm ** Lunch on Your Own **
(S+P) 12:00pm Campus Tours Available (Meet at front steps of Cutler Hall)
(S+P) 12:00pm Sustainability Tours Available (Meet on the East Side of Worner Campus Center)
(S+P) 12:00pm-5:00pm Boettcher Health Center will be Open
(S) 1:00pm-3:00pm "A Sense of Place" (Armstrong Theatre)
(P) 1:00pm-2:00pm Parent Program: Student Transitions (Edith Kinney Gaylord Cornerstone Arts Center, Celeste Theatre)
(P) 2:00pm-3:00pm Parent Program: Student Life Resources (EKG Cornerstone Arts Center, Celeste Theatre)
(P) 3:00pm-4:00pm Parent Program: Resource Fair – Have your individual questions answered by college staff (EKG Cornerstone Arts Center, Main Space)
(S+P) 4:00pm-5:00pm Farewell Reception for Parents (students and families welcome) (NSO Tent) This reception represents the conclusion of Parent Orientation
(S+P) 5:00pm ** Dinner on Your Own **
(S) 8:00pm - 9:00pm FYE mentor Meetings (Armstrong Theatre)
(S) 9:00pm Priddy Experience Meeting: Your NSO leaders will communicate locations
(S) 10:00pm A Cappella Night: Enjoy some of CC's fabulous singers (Armstong Theatre)
(S) 11:00pm Almost Midnight Breakfast - Join us for one of CC's favorite traditions - free late-night pancakes! (Worner Campus Center, Rastall Café)
Monday, August 25
(S) 9:00am-11:00am Student Panel: "How to Succeed at CC: What I Wish I had Known" (Armstrong Theatre) followed by Class Photo for Class of 2018, Transfer Students and Exchange Students (Steps of Palmer Hall)
(S) 11:00am-12:30pm Campus Resource Fair (Worner Campus Center) Resources Fair is open to parents who may still be here
(S) 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch - Meet members of the Honor Council and get free stuff! (Worner Campus Center, Rastall Café)
(S)1:10-3:30pm Crossroads and Bridges and B.A.D.A.S.S.es,Life at CC will include:(Armstrong Theatre)
- Director of CC Wellness Resource Center, Heather Horton
- SARC (Sexual Assualt Response Coordinator) Tara Misra
- Assistant Vice President/Director of The Butler Center, Paul Buckley; The Butler Center Student Specialists, Stella Mainar and Brett Gray
- Assistant Director, Accessibility Resources, Jeremy Remy
(S) 3:30pm-5:30pm Immunization/TB Documentation Completion as Necessary (Worner Campus Center)
(S) 5:45pm Dinner (Worner Campus Center, Rastall Café)
(S) 7:00pm Priddy Experience Meeting: Your NSO leaders will communicate locations
(S) 8:30pm Ice Cream Social sponsored by QCC (Queer Community Coalition) For all LGBTQ and Ally students (Lennox/Glass House)
(S) 9:00pm-Midnight Game Night: Board and card games galore with popcorn! (Shove Chapel)
(S) 9:30pm-11:30pm Bookstore Bash - A night of discounts, music, prizes, and free giveaways. The first 200 first-years will receive a gift bag with free swag and food from Jimmy John's.
(S) 9:30pm-11:30pm “Get Active with Athletics!” - Featuring Varsity athletes, Intramurals, fun challenges for all skill levels, healthy snacks and more. Advance through stations to win prizes. (Enter at South doors of El Pomar Sports Center)
Tuesday, August 26
(S) 9:00am-9:30am "Five Things You should be Prepared to Discuss with Your Faculty Advisor" - Re Evitt, Associate Dean of the College (Armstrong Theatre)
(S) 10:00am-2:50pm All students will advance through four rotations:
- Capstone Experience & Discussion with Actors - "Something is Rotten", an interpretation of "Hamlet" performed at 10am and 1pm by The Buntport Theatre Company (EKG Cornerstone Arts Center, Celeste Theatre)
- I.D.E.A. Space (EKG Cornerstone Arts Center, I.D.E.A Space)
- Quantitative Literacy and Reasoning Assessments (TBA)
(S) 11:50am- 12:45pm Lunch for all groups (Worner Campus Center, Rastall Café)
(S) 3:00pm-4:00pm FYE Class Meetings: Discussion of Capstone Experience (Worner Desk has lists)
(S) 3:00pm-4:00pm Transfer and Exchange Student Session - Talk with other students about the transfer and exchange student experience at CC (McHugh Commons)
(S) 4:00pm-6:00pm Academic Advisor Meetings in Advisor Offices (This information will be in your nametag lanyard, Worner Campus Center Desk also has advisor lists)
(S) 5:00pm-7:00pm Dinner (Worner Campus Center, Rastall Café)
(S) 8:00pm-midnight Movie Double Feature: "Frozen" and "Maleficent" (Palmer Quad, NSO Tent - Rain Location)
Wednesday, August 27
(S) Priddy Experience Departure (Times and Locations to be set by trip leaders)
Sunday, August 31
(S) Priddy Experience Return to Campus (Times to be set by trip leaders)
(S) 8:00pm Community/Wing Meetings (Assigned Residence Halls)
Monday, September 1 (Labor Day)
9:00am Opening Convocation (Shove Chapel)
(S) 10:30am Classes Begin!
(S) 12:00pm First-Day Welcome Picnic (NSO Tent)