The Ruth Barton Writing Center
The Writing Center, a part of the Colket Center for Academic Excellence, located in the Mod Pod, offers both scheduled and walk-in consultations. During consultations, students can:
- Receive single or ongoing assistance on any writing piece, at any stage of the process*
- Meet with writing consultants who share their interests and majors
- Consult with an English as a Second Language Specialist
- Work on your First Year Writing Portfolio
- Practice and receive feedback on oral presentations
- Use our library of reference books, including the latest citation guides
LIKE us on Facebook to receive news and invitations to workshops and other special events that are sponsored by The Ruth Barton Writing Center!
The Writing Center also works with faculty to provide resources and classroom assistance. For additional information, please see our Writing Center Resources For Faculty page.
*While the Writing Center provides opportunities for collaborative feedback on individual writing pieces, the quality of the final product always rests with the writer.