Jobs, Internships, Field Schools, and Opportunities in Anthropology
- Humanity in Action Fellowships (Programs in Atlanta and throughout Europe deadline Jan. 7, 2016)
- Presidential Internship Program (Cairo University deadline Jan. 22, 2016)
- Clinton Fellowship for Service in India (deadline Feb. 1, 2016)
- Environment America Internships
- Impact - Jobs and Internships in climate action campaigns throughout the U.S.
- Ethnographic Field School through University of Florida & Health Equity Alliance of Tallahassee
- The Center for World Indigenous Studies offers research based internships in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and Olympia, WA
- Cultural Survival Inc., a non-profit indigenous rights group, offers a variety of internships
- Institute of Reading Development offers paid positions teaching reading during the summer
Opportunities in Colorado Springs
- KRCC Public Radio offers internships to CC Students interested in journalism and storytelling
- The Fine Art Center offers internships in Gallery Management and Communications
- The Pioneer Museum offers jobs and internships for those interested in museum studies
- LFS offers opportunities to volunteer as a "cultural mentor" or English teacher for newly arrived refugees
- The Center for American Archaeology's Women in Archaeology Internship Program offers a stipend, room, and board
- Smolianovtsy Excavation Project 2016 The Conquerors Following the Roman Legions
- Adelphi University 2016 Field School in Alaska investigating the question--who were the first Alaskans?
- Belize Valley Archaeological Reconnaissance Project (Belize early deadline Dec. 31, 2015)
- Western Argolid Regional Project (Greece deadline Dec. 15, 2015)
- Shovel bums regularly posts job, internship, and field school opportunities in Archaeology
- The University of Wisconsin compiles a list of primatology related jobs, internships, and field experiences.
- The Autry in Los Angeles offers an osteology intern position for the summer (May-July)
- A compiled list of organizations currently accepting applications for positions in linguistics can be found here
- The American Anthropological Association (AAA) provides a helpful list of potential internships for undergraduate students, with opportunities in fields such as museum studies, sustainability, and biodiversity research.
- The American Museum of Natural History offers a variety of for credit internships in archaeology, ethnology, biological anthropology, and museum studies
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA) offers a wide variety of paid and unpaid internships (summer or year-long) with opportunities in education & public programming, cultural/historic resource management, and conservation. Searchable by keyword and locations.
- The Smithsonian Museum offers a wide range of internships, from forensics to art to natural history.
- CC Anthropology students interested in visual anthropology have also participated in internships with film festivals in the past, such as Sundance.
For options that are more tailored to your specific interests, talk with your advisor. Start soon, these internships are popular and deadlines are often early!
This is the Department of Anthropology
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Southwest Studies