Students will have the broadest possible perspectives on Asian issues, but must also be grounded in a particular discipline and its analytic methods.
Cultural understanding will be rooted in language immersion and experiential encounters both at the College and through the extensive array of programs for study in Asia.
Students will focus on a language and culture of their interest and demonstrate competency and sophistication in integrating their knowledge of that area.
Knowledge and Practice
Students will connect scholastic study with kinesthetic knowledge to integrate discipline-based perspectives with the performing arts and practices of Asian cultural traditions, such as calligraphy, gamelan, meditation, tai-chi and yoga.
This is the Asian Studies Program
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies