About Tutt Library
Tutt Library’s vision is to be one of the finest liberal arts college libraries in the country, responsive to the distinctive rhythms of the Block Plan and rooted in Colorado College’s sense of place.
Tutt Library’s mission is to foster intellectual exploration and discovery.
We fulfill this mission in partnership with the Colorado College community in a number of ways:
Delivering research expertise, collections, services, and technologies to support Colorado College’s academic mission and the rhythms of the Block Plan.
Creating an inclusive environment that respects, appreciates, and enriches all individuals and groups in our diverse community.
Serving as a hub for academic excellence programs, scholarship, learning, and discovery in a range of collaborative, reflective, and creative spaces.
Teaching students to discover, create, and use information and knowledge with rigor and integrity.
Preserving and sharing Colorado College’s intellectual and creative works and building distinctive collections related to our sense of place.
Renovated in 2017, the one and only library built for the Block Plan has:
- 28 group study rooms (some are also used for block class in the mornings)
- 94, 317 square feet of space (a 35% increase)
- Increased the number of seats from 495 to over 1,000
- Many academic student services under one roof (Library Partners)
- The Julie Penrose Reading Room (Garden Level) and climate controlled vault
- Compact shelving housing over 400,000 physical volumes