Research Services provides information consultations. These services are offered in person, online via our virtual reference service, by email, and by phone. Research Services include one-on-one assistance on research questions requested by students, faculty, staff, and community members. The primary goal is student learning and success. The consultations meet the information needs of all library users and campus researchers by helping researchers find and access materials needed and providing expert assistance with all aspects of the research process. This includes, but is not limited to, helping researchers:
- find basic information or work on an in-depth research project
- decide what and where to search, including what keywords to use and how to navigate complex information resources
- develop and refine research questions
- evaluate resources
- cite resources
- better understand how library resources, services and staff can be used to assist you in your scholarly endeavors.
- by providing referrals to the right person or service area when necessary. This may include getting extended assistance in your research by contacting a subject librarian specialist in your area of study or research.
Location: Tutt Library, Second floor
Hours: see library hours
Contact Person: Lesley Mackie, Head of Research Services