About the Collaborative for Community Engagement
The Collaborative for Community Engagement challenges students and faculty to integrate rigorous liberal arts scholarship with collaborative community-based work in ways that strengthen and transform both in the process. In the tradition of liberal education and its emphasis on active citizenship, we provide a continuum of opportunities for the Colorado College community to deepen and contextualize classroom learning by engaging in reciprocal and sustainable collaborations with local, regional, national, and global partners. By fostering skills for planning, implementing and examining civic action, the Collaborative facilitates leadership development and promotes a social responsibility that is reflective, imaginative, and self-aware.
Our professional and student staff...
- Support many student-run organizations
- Provide regular trainings on relevant K-12 education, Human Rights and Wellness topics for CC students participating in CCE-sponsored student organizations
- Facilitate leadership and professional development among students
- Assist in student fundraising and grant-writing efforts
- Provide Arts for Social Change and Food Sustainability programming
- Support the Staff Policy on Community Service
- Support off-campus community service work-study opportunities
- Coordinate the Arts for Social Change Living Learning Community Program
- Regularly maintain a database of community volunteer opportunities
- Direct the Community-Engaged Leadership Certificate Program
- Support faculty development in community-based learning and research
- Foster and maintain campus-community partnerships throughout Colorado Springs and the Rocky Mountain region
- Assist in matching individual students with community-need driven research and/or volunteer opportunities