Shove Chapel was donated and built in 1930 to meet the religious and spiritual needs of the students, though Colorado College is not religiously affiliated.
Built in the Norman Romanesque style, the Chapel seats 987 people and has five bells. Many stained glass windows are located throughout, each with its own story. The ceilings in Shove depict themes corresponding to different Biblical passages. Shove Chapel was designed after Winchester Cathedral and even has a stone from the cathedral as a cornerstone. Shove is a multifaith and interfaith space that houses many on-campus activities, including religious services, meditation groups, and special meetings. Shove serves as the heart of the CC community. Chaplain Alex Hernandez-Siegel invites people of all traditions and communities to enjoy this sacred space. The Chapel is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Access with CC Gold Cards permits late night access to members of the Colorado College community and Colorado Springs groups which have reserved spaces for programming in Sacred Grounds.