Sophomore Jump Program
The Sophomore Jump Program provides all sophomore students at Colorado College with opportunities to grow and develop personally, academically, and socially throughout their sophomore year.
Students who participate in the Sophomore Jump Program will:
- Continue to develop their sense of belonging on campus, as well as their strategies for achieving academic success and personal well-being
- Cultivate relationships with faculty beyond their advisors and professors
- Understand different academic programs available at CC and possess the tools to make informed decisions about their majors by the end of the academic year
- Learn about off-campus and study-abroad programs, as well as grant, fellowship, and research opportunities, in order to maximize their time and experience at CC
- Know how to find and apply for internships and how to narrate their experiences to potential employers
Join faculty from across the curriculum for dinner and discussion. Come hear how your professors discovered their interests and talk about your future goals.
Dinners are held on the second Tuesday of every block at 6:00 pm, RSVP to Jenn Sides, Academic Support Specialist, jsides@ColoradoCollege.edu.
Sign up now for block six!
Block 6 - February 23rd - Professor Camisha Russell, Riley Scholar-in-Residence and visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Block 5 -
January 28th - Planning Your Study Abroad, with Heather Browne. Noon - 1:30 in McHugh Commons
February 17th - Majors Resource Fair Noon - 2:00pm in the Worner Center
February 23rd - Student Faculty dinner with Professor Camish Russell, Riley Scholar and Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy
February 24th - Find your Fellowship with Roy Jo Sartin from the Writing Center, noon - 1:00 PM in the TLC3
February 25th - Student Panel: Internships with Study Abroad, with the Career Center and Study Abroad Offices.
4:00pm - 5:30 PM in Bemis Great Hall
February 26th - Pre-Law and Pre-Med Information Session, with the Career Center, noon in the TLC3
March 2nd - Finding your Major - Build your Wandering Map, with the Career Center, noon in Slocum Commons
Block 7 -
March 30th- Stess ManagKit with Heather Horton from the Wellness Center. Build your own stress management kit. 3:30 location TBA
March 31st - How to Market your Study Abroad Experience, with the Career Center and Study Abroad, Noon - 1:00 PM in McHugh. Please RSVP to the Career Center to ensure your spot!
April 7th - I Declare! - Declare your major and come celebrate with us on the Worner porch (Quad) from noon - 1:30