First Year Writing Portfolio
Portfolios can be submitted in hard copy to the Writing Center any time after the end of Block 7. Final submission deadline is the fourth Monday of Block 8, May 11. The portfolio should contain three samples of your writing:
- A paper from your FYE class
- A paper from a class taken in one of the six blocks following your FYE Class
- An essay reflecting on the work embodied in your portfolio and your development as a writer over the course of your initial year at CC.
Here are some useful links to help you compile your First Year Portfolio:
- Portfolio Info Gab
- Portfolio Assignment Sheet
- Porfolio Tip Sheet
- Portfolio Keeping "The Reflective Essay"
- Portfolio folder text
- Transfer Students
- List of Writing Intensive, Writing in a Discipline and Writing Enhancement courses offered during Blocks I-VIII, 2014-2015
- Top Twenty Errors in Writing
The Learning Commons
Phone: (719) 389-6742
Fax: (719) 389-6180
Monday through Thursday:
10.00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you need tutoring outside those times please contact us.
Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.