Strategic Planning Timeline
- Planning Retreat #1 (Scheduled for August 23, 2012):
- Five committees meet separately and jointly to discuss strategies, goals, and initiatives.
- Adopt a shared vision of strategic planning process and outcomes
- Team building
- Establish timeline and collaboration plan for each team and collective
- Strategies: guiding focus to further the college’s mission to “provide the finest liberal arts education in the country”.
- Goals: a specific idea to further one of the three strategies
- Initiatives: a specific plan to meet a goal.
- Fall Conference (August 28, 2012): Introduce committees, process, and outreach plans
- Committee Work: each committee consults with constituencies, reviews common practices, and provides regular reports to Steering Committee. Appropriate campus standing committees will be consulted and tasked with certain projects throughout.
- Written updates posted regularly to strategic planning website.
- President provides update to the Board of Trustees on September 21, 2012.
- Alumni and Parents Town Hall during Homecoming Weekend October 11-14, 2012.
- November 15, 2012 – Committees submit their tentative goals (5). Begin work on initiatives (3).
- Year of Planning Winter Conference (January 17-18, 2013 during half-block):
- Will include separate and joint committee meetings and open meetings for the CC and Colorado Springs communities to get feedback on proposed goals and generate ideas on possible initiatives.
- Goal: to gather broad community input.
- “Scrum team” of approximately five community members will be tasked with assessing and developing one or two of the most innovative projects. Starts post-retreat.
- Committee Work: each committee consults with constituencies, reviews common practices, and provides regular reports to Steering Committee.
- Board of Trustees Meeting (February 21-23, 2013): Board updated and input solicited.
- March 15, 2013 – Committees submit a list of initiatives for each goal. Begin work on prioritization. Final recommendations to be submitted in May must include no more than five initiatives per goal.
- Planning Retreat #3 (April 18 or 19, 2013):
- Committees and scrum team report and work on comprehensive plan.
- Faculty meeting: presentation of final draft from committees for faculty discussion, input, and support
- May 15, 2013: three strategic committees submit final recommendations to Steering Committee.
- President updates the Board of Trustees at May 2-4, 2013 meetings.
- July 2013: Board Retreat: Final plan presented to Board of Trustees for review and approval.
2013-2014 and beyond