Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Transfer Student Registration

Winter Transfer Information

Winter Transfer Course Limits 2015-16 Blocks 5 - 8 only

The Course Limits listed above are as of November 24, 2015.  The most accurate course limits are always available on Self-Service Banner (SSB).  Please log into your SSB account and look for Class Schedule in your menu.  You may focus your search by block, degree requirement, instructor, vacancies only, etc.  Please be sure to pay attention to any prerequisites a course may have.

All course selections can be sent to Candace Santa Maria:  Please include the following information:  CRN, Course ID, Course Title, Block, GRADE TRACK preference, Instructor Name.  You may use:  Transfer Student Course Selection Worksheet

Please read the "General Information for Transfer Students", below, it may answer some of your questions before you call.

If you have questions, you may contact Candace, (719) 389-6273 or Dean Re Evitt, (719) 389-6687 or

The college will close at 5:00 pm, Friday, December 18th and reopen on Monday, January 4th.


Registrar’s Office                                             (719) 389-6610

Phillip Apodaca, Registrar                                (719) 389-6613 

Karla Roth, Associate Registrar                         (719) 389-6312

Candace Santa Maria, Assistant Registrar          (719) 389-6273  


 General Information for Transfer Students


1 Colorado College unit is equal to 4 semester hours or 6 quarter hours

CC grants credit according to how much credit is awarded by the college it's being transferred from.  For example:  a 3 semester hour credit course will transfer as 0.75 CC unit, a 6 quarter hour credit course as 1.00 CC unit


You may add a course at any time prior to the beginning of the block without a signature. Once the block has begun, you may add or change a course during the first two days of the block, with the signature of both the add and drop professors.  You have until 5:00 pm the second Tuesday of the block to drop a course.  The deadline is the same for two-block courses.  Keep in mind that dropping a course may put you at a disadvantage in completing your requirements for graduation in the usual four-year time frame and may cause a financial loss as well.

If you are allowed into a course on the first day of class because you were on the waitlist, you must have the professor sign an add form and bring it to the Registrar’s Office.  If you are enrolled in another class, you must have that signature, as well, before we can process and add your new course.  If you do not follow this procedure you risk not receiving credit for that course.  In addition, you lose your option for the “P” grade track if you have not elected that choice within the first four days of the block.  It is a good idea to check that your schedule accurately reflects the classes you are enrolled in.

Procedures for adding or dropping adjunct and extended format courses are the same as for regular courses, except the time period to drop/add is different.  You may drop an adjunct or extended format course, if it meets all semester, prior to the end of the first block.  If the extended format course meets all year, you may drop it without penalty, prior to the end of the second block.  Two-block adjuncts have the same drop period as a regular course, (before the end of the second Tuesday of the block).


You are permitted to be on one wait list and enrolled in one course each block. Notification will be sent to your CC e-mail address when an opening becomes available in your waitlisted course. You will automatically be added to the course on the grade track you submitted and you will be dropped from any course in which you were already enrolled.


College students’ records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  It restricts institutions from releasing grades and other educational records without a student’s written permission.  Students may view their grades online through Self-Service Banner (SSB) after grades have been submitted and recorded by the registrar’s office.  Since the system is student-controlled, we encourage students to share grade information with their parents.  Parents can access grades through SSB by knowing their student’s ID number and password.  Students can also request official transcripts from the registrar’s office which includes complete course, grade, and gpa information. 

The college provides a two-track system for credit to all students. In a given course, you may choose to be graded by either the G (grade track) or P (pass/fail) designation:

G: grade track:  A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D and NC (NC is a failing grade)  


P, pass/fail: S, CR, NC (No credit) S= A through C-, CR = D+, D; NC (NC is a failing grade)    

For purposes of computing your grade point average, the schedule below will be used.

A = 4.0
A- = 3.7
B+ = 3.3
B = 3.0
B- = 2.7
C+ = 2.3
C = 2.0
C- = 1.7
D+ = 1.3
D = 1.0
NC = 0.0

S and CR grades awarded on the Pass/Fail grading track are not calculated in the GPA; however, a grade of NC under either grade track option is calculated in the GPA.  D+ and D grades will not fulfill any all-college, major or prerequisite requirement, but will award credit under the G or P track. There are no restrictions placed on the number of courses you may choose under each option.  However, you are expected to choose the option by which you wish to be graded at the time you register for courses.  No change in the grading option is permitted after the fourth day of class without extenuating circumstances.  The Registrar automatically assigns students a grading track for those who do not sign up for the course.  You may, with permission of the course professor, audit a course, (Z track), no credit toward graduation will be awarded, but the audit, if completed successfully, will be recorded on your transcript. 


Term check-in is mandatory for all students  at the beginning of each semester.  Check-in is different from being enrolled in courses; it confirms that you are enrolled in CC courses for the term. To Check-in, you must log in to Self-Service Banner (SSB) using your ID# and passcode.  Failure to check-in may result in the dropping of courses and/or a $50  late fee charged to your student account.


When you have completed 16 units, and therefore, have junior standing, you must declare a major.  Once you have declared your major, you can plan your courses carefully. Your declaration enables each department to be prepared to offer sufficient sections of classes required for each major, particularly thesis sections.   Remember, you can change your major at any time. We recommend you have an advisor in the department, some departments even require you to have an advisor in the department of your major.  Forms for declaring your major and changing your adviser are available in the Registrar’s Office or you may download the form from the Registrar’s webpage. 

Regardless of your academic class, if you want to change your adviser, try to do so a couple of weeks prior to preregistration in the spring (usually mid-March).  


After the official drop period for a class has ended, the second Tuesday of the course, a student may be excused from the class if illness or other extenuating circumstances are present. Students must petition for an excused grade from one of the registrars.  You must be passing the class at the time you wish to be excused and the petition must include a recommendation from your professor stating such.  You will be required to state why you want to be excused from the class and to also provide medical documentation, if this is your reason.  Colorado College does not have a withdraw/passing grade unless the student withdraws from Colorado College.


Your degree evaluation and transcript can be found on SSB, (Self Service Banner). These reports are very valuable to you and your adviser.  If you have any questions about your report, do not hesitate to check with your adviser or the registrar’s office for answers.  Ultimately, you are responsible for your academic progress. The registrars have an “open door” policy and its staff is ready to help you reach your academic goals. 


Students may request official transcripts by completing a transcript request form found online at or in the Registrar’s Office.  Currently, the college does not send electronic transcripts.  Federal law does not allow us to send your records to anyone without your written permission.  Normally, transcripts are mailed within 3-5 business days.  Students may request ten transcripts each year at no charge.  The charge for additional transcripts beyond the first ten each year is $3.00 each.  We can provide a rush/overnight service for $25.00 (domestic).

Fall Transfer Information

Fall Transfer Course Schedule 2015-16

Fall Transfer Options for Registering for Courses 

Transfer students have two options in registering for courses.

You must choose only one option:

1.  Option A: Use this option to register for the entire academic year, Blocks 1 - 8. This means that you register for courses as they are available. Spaces are listed in the Transfer Course Schedule 2015-16 under Option A.  If you choose Option A, enter your selections into the Option A Registration Form and return it to our office as soon as possible. Student selections will be processed in the order received.

2.  Option B: Use this option to register for Blocks 1 and 2.  You are then eligible to preregister for courses that may have spaces reserved for new students. Spaces are listed in the Transfer Course Schedule 2015-16 under Option B. Preregistration for Blocks 3-8 takes place the first two weeks of   Block 2.  All first-year students and new transfer students, who have chosen this option, have 60    points to bid on Blocks 3 - 8.

If you are an incoming first-year or sophomore, Option B is probably more advantageous for you.  If you are a junior, you may be interested in upper-level courses that do not usually have reserved spaces, so you may find Option A to your advantage.  You cannot combine the two options.

The following may help you decide which option is best for you:

  • We recommend Option A for the transfer students who have completed most of the all-college requirements and are ready to focus on their major requirements.
  • We recommend Option B for students who may need lower level courses that are typically in high demand.
  • After studying the Transfer Course Schedule 2015-16, list the courses you want for each block of the academic year.
  • Check to see if there are vacancies under Option A for those courses.  If there are, choose Option A and enroll for Blocks 1-8.  List all your courses using the Option A Registration Form.  These courses should be open, so you only need to list one course per block. Always check the prerequisites and make sure you have them before signing up for your courses.
  • If most of your choices have Option B spaces, register for Blocks 1 and 2 only, and wait and to preregister for Blocks 3-8 during New Student Preregistration. Complete the Option B Registration Form listing your top five course choices for Block 1 in order of preference, top choice being 1, and so on through 5.  Do the same for Block 2.  Since we normally limit classes to 25 or fewer, we may not be able to place you in your first choice course.  However, you may get another chance to take that course if it is offered in a later block.

Either option will be processed in the order received by the Registrar's Office. So the sooner we receive your selections, the better your chances are of enrolling in your preferred courses. However, we must receive your selections by June 30th!

Although you will not meet with your assigned faculty advisor until New Student Orientation, August 15 - August 23, we encourage you to contact them with questions before you arrive on campus. 

You may also contact the Registrar's Office for any general academic questions you might have: or call one of the registrars listed below.