Nationally Competitive Fellowships
Welcome to CC's home for nationally competitive fellowships opportunities for students!
- Scholarships: academic awards that fund coursework or research at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Fellowships: awards for educational experiences in and out of the classroom, at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Grants: finite sums granted to help you complete a single educational or research experience
This site lists the first 2 kinds of opportunities; you can find academic grants for CC students here. Some of the undergraduate opportunities and 1 fellowship (the PIFP) shown on this site are internal, meaning they are available solely to CC students. The others, including most of the postgraduate opportunities and graduate school fellowships, are nationally competitive, meaning you'll compete with other students from across the country, or in some cases around the world, for these presitgious awards.
YES -- if your interests, timeline, project, and goals are a good fit.
How do you know if you're a good fit for an opportunity? Talk to the award's advisor on campus or the Fellowships Coordinator.
Not sure of your goals beyond CC? No problem -- the act of applying for a grant, scholarship, or fellowship can help you clarify your aspirations. As one recent applicant said, her "daily life doesn't particularly lend itself to contemplative reflection, and sitting down to write out where I wish to go with my life and why." Thus she found the application process "an amazing exercise in just that."
- Check out the Opportunities available to you, arranged by type of opportunity
- Get familiar with the Top Ten Things to Know Before You Apply
- Think about ways to Make Your Application Stand Out
- Draw inspiration from CC's Success Stories
- Learn more at an Upcoming Event
Questions? Contact the Fellowships Coordinator, Roy Jo Sartin, at 719-389-7487 or email@example.com.